Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

My BFA show is DONE!

After nearly a year of work, research, and distractions, it is complete!  My senior show is up!  To get a BFA degree at BYU, one has to write a research paper on a topic connected to your field and in conjunction with that present a solo show of the work you've developed from your research.  I decided to look into concept design for animation, since that's what I want to do, and to create a series of concept art for a theoretical animated movie.  I chose to work from Diane Duane's So You Want to Be a Wizard, a great book that I love.  I thought the variety of characters and environments and cool story would be fun to illustrate.  I went through loads of sketches in my little book and eventually developed them into finished concepts of key characters and props.  So here it is, the summation of my college experience, no big:




As part of the show I included a bunch of the sketches and some color studies as well as the finished pieces, to show off the creative process.









The environments turned out to be some of my favorites.  The city and the subway station both started from detailed pencil drawings, which in some ways is nice because a lot of the details are already planned out but in other ways is frustrating because you have so much to work around...






So there!  Thank you to everyone who's come to see it and given me compliments, and thanks to my mother-in-law who's shared it with lots of people, thus ensuring that when I visited Boston last week people that I'd never met told me that they loved it. And thanks forever to my mom and my sister and my husband who helped put it all together and helped me survive the week beforehand. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment