Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A Griffin and a Snake and a Cottage

What have I been up to lately??  Well, life has been a little ridiculous these few months and I haven't felt like posting even though thanks to classes I've made all kinds of stuff.  I just didn't like much of it.  But now I have a few things that I'm rather proud of even though only one of them is technically finished!


This is my favorite thing that I've created in a long time.
I don't know how good it is from a subjective standpoint, but I like it lots.  And it was accepted into the Mayhew Show and is now on display in the HFAC so yeah!  I drew every outline of that griffin in pencil before painting it, and it took approximately years.


Redwall!  This one still needs a little polishing for which I have not had time, but I quite like where it's going.  The snakes scales on this one also took years (why do I keep doing this to myself?) but I'm very pleased with them and with the shadow patterns.   This one and the one above both started with pencil drawings that were scanned, then painted in black and white, then layered over with lots of transparent colors, and finally polished up on a last solid layer.


And this last needs some edits, but I feel like I finally got the hang of concept design landscapes!  There's a fine balance between the level of detail and the overall shapes and colors...and I have a hard time finding it.  But I like the roof of the cottage especially.  This is for my theoretical Pixar short I've been working on in concept design.

No comments:

Post a Comment