Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2012

POUCHES.

So for a reason I can't remember right now, last night Luke and I were talking about comic book superheroes from the nineties and we found ourselves looking up the art of Rob Liefeld.  Now, I do love comic books, but in the past I've tended toward fantasy kingdom graphic novels rather than superhero serials, so I don't actually know a ton about them.  So I had no idea about the history of this guy's work or the culture surrounding it.

But what the heck is going on with this picture.

What.

I don't even know.  Apparently this guy is all about drawing huge muscles, and massive guns (maybe they need the muscles to lift their guns?) and putting straps on things, and hanging pouches everywhere.  And not being good at drawing hands.  Or any anatomy.  And hiding the feet.  And I can't even show you any of his women.

    

I don't want to bash the guy too bad.  His pictures are certainly dynamic and dramatic.  But it's actually rather reassuring to think that if a guy like this could make it big in the industry...

2 comments:

  1. All of these men are pretty terrifying looking. Particularly that Superman, who seems to have something crawling around under the skin of his arms. Also, I might start commenting a lot because ... Just because. Be prepared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be wonderful. Especially since I didn't even see that there were comments until just now, and they made me very happy. (I guess this isn't facebook, there's no notifications or something...)

    ReplyDelete