Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

Silhouettes!

I'm already loving my character design class.  I am pretty sure that this is what I have been looking to do with my life all along, and I only just discovered precisely what it is.  Now I just have to get good enough that people will want to pay me to do it...

We're designing characters from Lloyd Alexander's The Book of Three, which is great because I like those books and because few people have preconceived notions of what the characters look like.  I'm still getting practice at pushing the shapes to the limit, but so far I'm having fun with them.  Doing silhouettes is great because it's only about shape, not value or color or anything else, so you can experiment a lot without having to niggle out all the details.




No comments:

Post a Comment